Capacity Building and Support Officer – Multiple locations across regional NSW
An exciting opportunity exists for an experienced and skilled Capacity Building and Support Officers to work with people with disability and their families and carers. Various locations across regional NSW.
The position is part time, 2-3 days per week. Depending on continued funding the position will transition to a permanent part time position. Salary is based on SCHADS Award Grade 4.
- Relevant tertiary qualifications or equivalent experience in advocating for people’s rights, community development and networking.
- Strong knowledge of the disability sector including government departments and agencies and non-government organisations and relevant legislation regulations
- Demonstrated experience in community development and networking.
- Establish a positive collaborative relationship with the consumer and their support networks and assist the consumer to link with local communities, build skills, identify and overcome barriers and achieve goals.
- Ability to raise awareness of MDAA services and rights of people with disability in the community.
- Demonstrated experience in providing high-quality advocacy and encourage the development of self-advocacy skills.
- Ability to work with competing demands and prioritise workload
- Excellent good communication and community development skills
- Demonstrated commitment to social justice
- Ability to travel to regional and remote NSW.
All applications must address the selection criteria as outlined in the position description.
Send your application to:
Confidential, MDAA HR, c/o MDAA
PO Box 884, GRANVILLE 2142
Or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close 12 May 2022
MDAA is an EEO employer and an affirmative action policy applies to people from NES/CALD background with disability.
*In alignment with the current government directive, the successful candidate will need to be double vaccinated against COVID-19.
For more information: