MDAA’s Systemic Advocacy works towards positive changes in the system together with and on behalf of people from a CALD/NES background with disability and their families/carers. We also seek to influence or secure positive long-term changes that remove barriers and address discriminatory practices. This ensures the collective rights and interests of people with disability from CALD/NES background are upheld.
We work towards positive transformations in policies, procedures, practices and service delivery in government and non-government agencies.
To achieve better outcomes for people from a CALD/NES background with disability and their families/carers we:
- Respond to new initiatives, policies, procedures,
- Work with other agencies to effect change,
- Take action to place our issues on the agenda.
Latest Reports Launch
This report titled: An Evaluation of NDIS Appeals and Review: Experiences of Culturally and Linguistically Diverse People with Disability, their Families and Carers is a report commissioned by the University of Notre Dame for the Multicultural Disability Advocacy Association. The report was officially launched online on 20 September 2021 by Dr Fiona Martin MP and MDAA, in the presence of Legal Aid NSW, John Ryan- Disability Royal Commissioner and MDAA staff.
MDAA Submission 2021
Joint submission MDAA and NEDA in response to ‘The efficacy, fairness, timeliness and costs of the processing and granting of visa classes which provide for or allow for family and partner reunions’ http://neda.org.au/sites/default/files/2021-05/Submission_Family%20Visa_MDAA%20NEDA_0.pdf
- MDAA Response to Coercive Control Discussion Paper
- MDAA Submission to the 2021-22 Migration Program Discussion Paper
- Feedback to NDIS Quality and Safeguards Website Development
- Submission to the Disability Royal Commission- Aged Care Services
MDAA Submissions 2020
- MDAA Submission to Select Committee on COVID-19
- Disability Inclusion Act Review
- Submission to Joint Standing Committee on NDIS Inquiry (with University of Notre Dame)
- MDAA Submission Ageing Issues for People with Disability to Royal Commission
- MDAA Response to NDIA Support Coordination Discussion Paper
- MDAA Submission to National Disability Strategy Position Paper
- MDAA Submission to Labor Multicultural Engagement Taskforce
- MDAA Submission to the NDIS Introductory Paper
MDAA Submissions 2019
- NDIS-General issues
- NSW Disability Advocacy Review
- MDAA Response to Ageing & Disability Commissioner Bill
- MDAA Submission on Election Matters
MDAA Submissions 2017/2018
- Civil Society Statement Disability Violence Royal Commission
- 2017/08 NEDA Submission Australian Citizenship Legislation
- MDAA Response to Guardianship Draft Proposal
- Response to the Terms of Reference on Market Readiness