Aged Care Volunteer Visitors Scheme
The Aged Care Volunteer Visitors scheme (ACVVS) visits aged people who:
- are socially isolated
- have frailty, mobility or communication impairment that prevents them from participating in any social or leisure opportunities
- do not have regular and reasonably frequent contact with fiends and family
The ACVVS program at MDAA focuses on aged people from Culturally and Linguistically Diverse/non-English speaking (CALD/NES) background who live in Western Sydney, South West Sydney and Illawarra areas.
The volunteers will visit care recipients of Australian Government Funded Residential Ages Care and Home Care packages.
Who can get support from an ACVVS?
- Residential Ages Care Facility (RACF) who do not have frequent engagement with friends or relatives
- A person living in their own home and receiving a Home Care Package (HCP)
- elderly people who are on the waiting list for HCP
MDAA’s Social Circle program is a FREE service.
Please call our ACVVS staff on 02 9891 6400 or 1800 629 072 for assistance.