MDAA’s Systemic Advocacy works towards positive changes in the system together with and on behalf of people from a CALD/NES background with disability and their families/carers. We also seek to influence or secure positive long-term changes that remove barriers and address discriminatory practices. This ensures the collective rights and interests of people with disability from CALD/NES background are upheld.
We work towards positive transformations in policies, procedures, practices and service delivery in government and non-government agencies.
To achieve better outcomes for people from a CALD/NES background with disability and their families/carers we:
- Respond to new initiatives, policies, procedures,
- Work with other agencies to effect change,
- Take action to place our issues on the agenda.
MDAA Submissions 2017/2018
- Civil Society Statement Disability Violence Royal Commission
- 2017/08 NEDA Submission Australian Citizenship Legislation
- MDAA Response to Guardianship Draft Proposal
- Response to the Terms of Reference on Market Readiness
MDAA Submissions 2019/2020
- Submission to the Joint Standing Committee on Electoral Matters:
- Response to the NSW Social Issues Committee inquiry into the provisions of the Ageing and Disability Commissioner Bill 2019
- Submission to the Joint Standing Committee on the National Disability Insurance Scheme
- Submission to the Aging and Disability Commissioner on the NSW Disability Advocacy Review
MDAA Submissions 2020/2021
- Submission to the Select Committee on COVID-19
- Submission to the Joint Standing Committee on NDIS implementation & Performance of the NDIS
- MDAA Submission Royal Commission- Ageing Issues for People with Disability
- MDAA Responses to the NDIA Support Coordination Discussion Paper
- MDAA Submission in response to the National Disability Strategy Discussion Paper, June 2020