MDAA’s Systemic Advocacy works towards positive changes in the system together with and on behalf of people from a CALD/NES background with disability and their families/carers. We also seek to influence or secure positive long-term changes that remove barriers and address discriminatory practices. This ensures the collective rights and interests of people with disability from CALD/NES background are upheld.
We work towards positive transformations in policies, procedures, practices and service delivery in government and non-government agencies.
To achieve better outcomes for people from a CALD/NES background with disability and their families/carers we:
- Respond to new initiatives, policies, procedures,
- Work with other agencies to effect change,
- Take action to place our issues on the agenda.
MDAA Submissions 2020
- MDAA Submission to Select Committee on COVID-19
- Disability Inclusion Act Review
- Submission to Joint Standing Committee on NDIS Inquiry (with University of Notre Dame)
- MDAA Submission Ageing Issues for People with Disability to Royal Commission
MDAA Submissions 2019
- NDIS-General issues
- NSW Disability Advocacy Review
- MDAA Response to Ageing & Disability Commissioner Bill
- MDAA Submission on Election Matters
MDAA Submissions 2017/2018
- Civil Society Statement Disability Violence Royal Commission
- 2017/08 NEDA Submission Australian Citizenship Legislation
- MDAA Response to Guardianship Draft Proposal
- Response to the Terms of Reference on Market Readiness