Here are some useful resources to help you stay informed about this virus; including some ways that you can protect yourself:
Department of Health (Written) Resources: https://www.health.gov.au/resources/translated
Department of Health (Videos): https://m.youtube.com/user/healthgovau/search?query=%22information+from+SBS%22
SBS (Written Resources and Videos): https://www.sbs.com.au/language/coronavirus
Council for Intellectual Disability Easy Read Resources: https://cid.org.au/covid-19/#info
IDEAS Disability Information: https://www.ideas.org.au/news-hub/new-viral-outbreak.html
COVID-19 and Mental Wellbeing – Resources for CALD Communities: https://www.dhi.health.nsw.gov.au/transcultural-mental-health-centre-tmhc/news-and-events/covid-19-and-mental-wellbeing-resources-for-cald-communities
The Department of Health has issued its next Disability Provider Alert dated 16 December 2021.
In this update you will find information on:
- the approval of Pfizer for 5 to 11-year-olds;
- the Omicron variant and booster doses;
- an upcoming webinar for people with disability;
- vaccination hubs for people with disability;
- important information from the NDIA and NDIS Quality and Safeguards Commission.
This provider alert along with other resources and information about the COVID-19 vaccine rollout is available from a dedicated web page for disability service providers on the Department of Health website. This page will be updated regularly.
Regularly updated information is also available on the following Department of Health webpages:
- Information for people with disability about COVID-19 vaccines
- COVID-19 vaccine information for disability workers
Thank you again for your help in spreading this important information with people with disability, their carers and with the disability workforce.