Manager of Capacity Building Team & NDIS Appeals Team – Granville
The Manager of Capacity Building Team will lead and inspire a team of individual advocates and NDIS Appeals officers. The role is to get a fairer deal for people from diverse backgrounds with disability and their families.
The Manager creates ongoing opportunities to benefit consumers from diverse backgrounds with disability, e.g. by delivering advocacy, community engagement forums and ongoing staff training.
The Manager establishes good working relationships with consumers, members, staff and other stakeholders.
- Relevant tertiary qualifications or equivalent experience in advocating for people’s rights
- Strong knowledge of the disability sector including disability advocacy, NDIS appeals, government and non-government organisations, and relevant legislation/regulations
- Demonstrated experience in the supervision and management of staff at different locations
- Ability to train, monitor and evaluate advocacy work
- Demonstrated high-level interpersonal skills, including the capacity to communicate and work effectively with people from diverse backgrounds, conflict resolution and mediation skills
- Ability to exercise sound judgment and make independent decisions
- Must have strong written communication skills and strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to identify and address systemic issues
- IT proficiency
- Understanding of and commitment to social justice
- Community development and networking or management of people
Your major responsibilities will include:
- Manage the day to day delivery of disability advocacy and NDIS Appeals services
- Supervise and support team work (face to face, teleconference, videoconference, and travel to regional offices)
- Work with Intake Officer to monitor the intake of new consumers
- Allocate new consumers to team including advocacy and/or support coordination and monitor caseload
- Maintain the quality assurance and continuous improvement by undertaking regular reviews of correspondence, file reviews, performance reviews and regular supervision
- Provide team with ongoing training to ensure skills, experience and knowledge continues to grow and expand
- Assist with recruitment and induction of staff
- Provide case advice and assistance in complex or ethically difficult cases
- Review and update the training Manual/procedures at least annually
- Work closely with the Executive Officer to prepare for third party verification audits
- Work closely with the Executive Officer to ensure operational systems work smoothly and meet the needs of clients and advocacy staff (e.g. Admin support, Cm6, intake system)
- Manage delivery of capacity building to community including consumer forums
- Monitor client feedback and complaints in accordance with MDAA policy and procedure
- Assist team to research, identify, prioritise, plan and monitor work
This is a full-time position at Social, Community, Home Care and Disability Services Industry Award 2010 Grade 6 with possible promotion to Grade 7, includes generous salary packaging.
For a full position description including selection criteria please call Judith on (02) 9891 6400 for an information package or download from the MDAA website: www.mdaa.org.au. All applications must address the selection criteria as outlined in the position description. Further enquires to Yvonne Munce on (02) 9891 6400.
Send your application to:
Applications close: COB 31 March 2022
MDAA is an EEO employer and an affirmative action policy applies to people from CALD with disability.
*In alignment with the current government directive, the successful candidate will need to be double vaccinated against COVID-19.
For more information: