Capacity Building and Support Officer – Wollongong
An exciting opportunity exists for an experienced and skilled Capacity Building and Support Officer to work with people with disability and their families and carers. The position is 3 days per week and is based in MDAA’s Wollongong office.
The role and purpose of the Capacity Building and Support Officer is to:
- Provide a high-quality advocacy and encourage the development of self-advocacy skills;
- Possess a high level of understanding of the NDIS and have the ability to support the eligible consumer to pre plan for the NDIS;
- Establish a positive collaborative relationship with the consumer and their support networks and assist the consumer and/or NDIS participant to identify, link with and coordinate support to link with local communities, build skills, and overcome barriers and achieve goals;
- Build the capacity of NDIS participants and provide support coordination in collaboration with the participant linking to appropriate community and mainstream services.
- Raise awareness of MDAA services and rights of people with disability in the community.
Applicants should have a commitment to social justice, demonstrated experience in advocacy, good communication and community development skills.
All applications must address the selection criteria as outlined in the position description. Further enquires to Susan Laguna on 02 9891 6400.
Send your application to:
Confidential, MDAA HR, c/o MDAA
PO Box 884, GRANVILLE 2142
Or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close Friday 24 May 2019
For more information: CBSO Job Advertisement